sarah and brendan's adventures in big old london town

Friday, August 12, 2005

nor-way do we like you


Things have irrevocably broken down with our ‘housemates’, especially the 37-year-old Norwegian guy. When things blew up (the first time) I said to Brendan, ‘From now on I’m calling him C.F.’ ‘Hmm, that’s a bit strong coming from you’, Brendan replied, a bit surprised. ‘Why? I think Control Freak is entirely appropriate,’ I said. ‘Oh, I thought you meant the other C.F.’ But you know what – they are both entirely appropriate!

You never know with strangers. People may seem normal but then choose to send you emailed lists of demands ending with… and if this is not agreed to you’ll have to move out. You would think that he owned the place himself. You would think that we aren’t good to live with (but let me tell you – we are!) I don’t know how much I can go into here but if anyone wants the sordid details (including the list of Red Flags That Should Not Have Been Ignored), please let me know.

The good news is we have found another place. Its near where we are but actually in a better part of town (a very good part of town if I may say). The place itself is as old as the hills but its ours... ours I tell ya - ALL ours!!! no more sharing - wooo hooo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home